Car Seat Checks
Polk County Health Center currently has three CPS Technicians on staff to assist with car seat questions or installations.
Car seats are available to families in need at the Polk County Health Center
- Family must live in Polk County.
- Family must meet the WIC income guidelines.
- Limit to one car seat per child per lifetime.
- A donation would be appreciated towards replacement cost of distributed seat ($20-$40).
- Call 417-326-7250 for an appointment or to talk to a CPS Technician
Missouri’s Child Restraint Law:
- Children 8 and over or weighing at least 80 pounds or at least 4’9″ tall are required to be secured by a safety belt or booster seat appropriate for that child.
- Children ages 4 through 7 who weigh at least 40 pounds must be in an appropriate child safety seat or booster seat unless they are 80 pounds or 4’9″ tall.
- Children less than 4 years old or less than 40 pounds must be in an appropriate child safety seat.
- Infant – rearfacing until at least 1 year and 35lbs.
- Toddler – forward at 35 lbs.
Car seat links: