Our nurses are trained to provide sensitive education and counseling regarding family planning options.
Polk County Health Center offers Family Planning services in collaboration with the Ozark Area Community Action Corporation (OACAC) Family Planning.
Through this partnership, we offer the following services:
Clinic Services Include:
- Routine gynecological exams, which include: pap smear, pelvic exam, breast exam, weight and blood pressure check, and hemoglobin (test for anemia).
- Screening and treatment of vaginal infections and sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).
- Pregnancy testing, counseling and referral.
- Training on self breast exams.
- Education and counseling on birth control options.
- Prescription and non-prescription birth control supplies.
Birth Control Methods Available Include:
- Prescription Methods:
- Oral contraceptives (the pill),
- Depo-Provera (injection),
- IUD (Intrauterine Device) by referral,
- Diaphragm (requires medical exam).
- Non-prescription methods:
Fees for medical services and contraceptives are on a sliding scale based on income and ability to pay.
Medicaid is accepted.
No age or marital restrictions for birth control and other services.
ALL FAMILY PLANNING SERVICES ARE COMPLETELY CONFIDENTIAL.